Matthew 18: 1-14
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to Him a child, He put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one such child in my name receive Me,…”
Jesus says this a few times in the gospels. This means it is important, right? Absolutely! I wondered why it was so important to come to God as a child. As a teacher, I can tell you exactly the qualities have the adults out grow, unfortunately. Young children can depend on and trust like no other.
Here are my top 10 characteristics of a child that we need to emulate:
- They are usually pretty innocent in their sin.
- Usually, they are quick to ask for forgiveness (extremely repentant).
- Trust that their parents will take care of all their needs.
- Usually minimalistic- we bought our kids toys and they would play with the box. Parents usually teach their kids materialism.
- Loves to follow and stay close to their parents.
- Are need; they need help with most things.
- They are cuddlers; they want hugs and kisses from their parents.
- They are playful with their parents.
- They are very curious and are learning sponges.
- They see things without a lot of scars collected from their lives.
Click on the title to order The Adventures of the Mouse Brothers with the Ball and Ms. McFurr.