Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.
Once you have your goals. I would start with five. They should be clear, specific, measurable, achievable, and have an end time. For instance, my goal to write a blog. I write it in more specific terms like the following:
I am writing blog posts for each week, which will all be written by Sunday before the week they will be scheduled.
Here are my questions:
1. Is it clear and specific? Yes, it specifically says in plain language that I will write all the week’s blog posts.
2. Is it measurable? Yes, I am writing 7 blog posts.
3. Is it achievable? Yes, I am able to write 7 blogs in a week. I will show you how in tomorrow’s blog.
4. Does it have an end time? Yes, I have to complete all seven for the week the Sunday before the posts are scheduled.
These questions are important to ask for each goal. Make sure you write out your five goals on a piece of paper, on your computer, or in a planner. Once they are written, compare the goals to each question on the below checklist:
• Did you answer all the questions with a yes for the goal?
• Are they stated in positive language?
• Did you add anything in the statement that you do not want?
• Are these goals the ones that you are willing to commit to until you achieve them?
If you are not willing to commit to the goal until it is complete, then you may want to go back and rethink your passion and your goals. These goals should bring you happiness because they are getting you closer to your passion.
Challenge: Now it is your turn to work on creating positive goal statements or action items. Once you have created 5 goals, go through each goal with the questions and the checklist that I have written for you above. Once you have done this, you will be ready to read and implement the next blog.
Don’t forget to click on the link below to order your copy of the My Monday Map to Success Featured Book 💰
Tracy, B. (2011). Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life: How to Unlock Your Full Potential for Success and Achievement. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Please, if you have any questions or would like to schedule your complimentary Introductory Personal Development session, please email me at
Personal Development Coaching Includes:
You will create a success map in…
Eliminating Limiting Beliefs, Finding Your Passion, Making Connections, Developing Relationships, Maintaining Your Personal Development Growth, and etc.